The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region offers opportunities for everyone in our community to grow spiritually, mentally, and physically. The Y can help you keep fit and healthy whether you are interested in weightlifting cardio equipment, weightlifting, family fitness classes, children’s programs, swimming lessons, or group fitness classes.
Y Aquatics offers everything you need from swimming lessons to aqua fitness classes, family swim, advanced certifications, and swim lessons for your whole family. No matter what level you are at swimming, we can help you to have fun and be safe in the water.
You could save your own life or the lives of someone you care about by learning how to swim. Taught by certified Y instructors, our nationally-accredited swim program builds confidence and competency in the water, at a pace of progression that meets individual needs.
Your membership includes swim lessons. Learn to swim in fun and engaging settings. Lessons are open to all ages and levels of ability. Learn more about swimming lessons by looking at our program guide.
Swimming enthusiasts can participate in organized activities, such as swimming clubs or water sports.
By opening up opportunities for volunteer work and employment through the YMCA Aquatic certification program, you can make a positive impact in your community.
If you are a lifeguard or swimming instructor, you may be able get work at the Y. Your leadership skills will determine your future success.
The Y offers a range of programs from Bronze Star to National Lifeguard Course to help you become a certified swimming instructor or lifeguard anywhere in Canada.
Like never before, the Y is vital for our local communities.
The Y provides vital services for children, families, and adults throughout your city and surrounding communities. Your support will allow us to build stronger communities, create stories of belonging and connection, and lead to transformation.
Benefits of being a member:
- There is no joining fee or locked-in contract.
- Programs for children, youth and adults are available at convenient times
- Start with a complimentary consultation.
- Personal training can help you achieve your fitness goals.
- All group fitness classes include
- Two registrations are included in each session (e.g. Each session includes two free registrations (e.g., basketball, children’s dance, and one swimming lesson).
- At a reduced rate, personal training, camps and certification programs for children, as well as before/after-school care, are all available
- Child minding is included in each Adult, Couple, or Student membership. Child minding is included in all Household memberships.
- You can put your membership on hold for up 6 months (small fees apply).
- Canada’s Y fitness centres are accessible.
You’re part of Canada’s oldest charity, The Y. Your contribution helps build healthier communities.
Your membership at the Y gives you access to many interesting programs and also shows that you are part a caring, vibrant community.
From Jordco Pools to the YMCA
Driving Directions from YMCA to St. Luke’s Park and Bethell Field House: Take Isabella St/Ottawa 62, Ottawa Regional Rd 89 and Elgin St/Ottawa Regional Rd 91 to Frank St. Turn right onto Frank St. Destination will be on the right
From YMCA to St. Luke’s Park and Bethell Field House (map)