The Canterbury Community Association is a vibrant, community-oriented organization that is located in Alta Vista Ward. It operates out of the Canterbury Community Centre.
We have something for everybody!
The Canterbury Community Association is pleased to receive you at the Canterbury Community Centre in Ottawa’s Alta Vista Ward.
The centre is owned by the city and forms part the Canterbury Recreational Complex which also includes Brian Kilrea Arena, the Canterbury Pool and the Brian Kilrea Arena.
What is the Canterbury Community Association?
- Non-profit corporation with an approved Constitution and Bylaws.
- The organization’s management is performed by a volunteer executive committee. It is elected at the Annual General Meeting in October.
- Active in the community for over 30 years
- Operates out of the Canterbury Community Centre
What’s the Association doing?
Accessible programming for all ages. This includes adult and senior fitness and children’s after-school programs.
The host can host special events, such as a Christmas Craft Fair November or a Spring Indoor Garage Sale March.
Represents the interests of the community in areas like traffic, budgets and urban planning.
Sponsors municipal events such as All Candidates Meetings during municipal elections.
Important contributions were made to the renovation of the Canterbury Community Centre.
Purchase of capital equipment for the Centre and contribution towards its life-cycle costs.
For community improvements such as the purchase or maintenance of playground equipment, financial assistance may be available.
A scholarship program that acknowledges the importance and value of community involvement
The Canterbury Community Centre offers:
- For small gatherings or meetings, there are four multipurpose rooms available.
- Large events such as birthday parties or social functions can be held in the main hall, which has a kitchen.
- Two adjustable-height nets for basketball in one gym
- A dance studio that can be used for yoga or fitness.
- A covered outdoor ice pad can provide year-round recreation possibilities
- Swimming and skating lessons are available in Ottawa.
CCA is proud to partner with the City of Ottawa, for residents to have a complete program schedule. The programming schedule is presented in a caring and safe environment by trained instructors.
CCA believes it should partner with local community partners to deliver the programs and services that local residents need.
The Canterbury Recreation Complex is the ideal place to fulfill your recreational needs. The complex boasts a 25-metre-long, five-lane swimming pool with sauna. There is also an NHL-sized ice rink at Brian Kilrea Arena. Aquafitness, swimming lessons and public swims are just some of the aquatic programs offered by the pool.
Many programs are offered by the Canterbury Recreation Complex for all ages. Through the partnership with the Canterbury Community Association (CCA), children’s and adult programs can be offered to the Canterbury community. These programs include an after-school program, senior and adult exercise programs, as well as art, dance and martial arts programs for all age groups.
From Jordco Pools to Canterbury Community Association
Driving Directions from Canterbury Community Association to Russell Centennial Pool: Take Arch St to Canterbury Ave. Take Trans-Canada Hwy/ON-417 E and Boundary Rd/Ottawa Regional Rd 41 to Castor St/County Rd 3 in Russell
From Canterbury Community Association to Russell Centennial Pool